Re:Looper Riddle

>What gives you up to 60 seconds of stereo looping with
>feedback control & IS NOT being marketed as a looper?
>
>http://www.backline-eng.com/page4.html
>
>The sound demos are not what I'd call inspiring; but,
>it does seem to have some out of the ordinary
>features.

They say:-

When you press the footswitch to turn on this effect, the LEDs will turn
yellow
to tell you when the unit is recording what you are playing. Once the
programmed delay time is reached,
the LEDs will turn green. If you press the footswitch again before
the LEDs turn green, the delay time
will be set to the time that you pressed the footswitch. This allows
you to time the delay to what you are
playing.
By setting the feedback level to 0, what you initially record will be
played back over and over again
without any additional layering. This provides up to 60 seconds of
looping capability. Both the left and
right channels are treated the same.

andy says:-
there's also a way to set feedback to 10 different preset levels

So it's almost a pretty neat basic looper, allowing you to
record using tap time, and having feedback control.

Manual doesn't say if you can tap the time and go straight into overdub,
and seems to hint that you can't, though someone would have to try it
to find out.

The feedback level can be varied automatically by either the volume
that you play,
or the speed that you play.

User interface is like this:-

http://www.stevesmusiccenter.com/BacklineFXTracker.html

so a MIDI footcontroller would be advisable.

Presumably it's possible to make a loop, and then change the feedback
level,
...but this is not explicitly stated.

Price is $420

andy butler