Re: How do YOU loop? Andy - Gary

> Miko wrote: I'll try to look at them... I'm sometimes a bit confused
>about
what causes certain rounding and recording states with some of the modes.
I'm packing and taking off later today to go skiing with my son. I'll try
look at them and post something when I'm back this weekend. -miko

>> Gary and Andy both asked... Yes--this is something I would also be
interested in hearing about, as I usually try to create music based on
existing structures.

Ok, I just checked...

Param row 4
Autorecord: OFF
Loopcopy: SND
Switchquant: OFF

Param row 2
Roundmode: OFF

It's pretty much all unquantized, unrounded realtime fun... Remember to end
your first phrase hitting Nextloop, and definitely begin playing something
different. It's multiplying now, and you can go until you finish either the
song segment, phrase, melody, whatever, and move on.

My approach is to record the first loop using rythmic, and harmonically
sparse events. I tend to use delay as a timekeeper, and either nonharmonic,
or a common tone for the various chords of the piece.

If you happen to have done a first loop that DOES have something harmonic,
copy it immediately to Nextloop and close Multiply quickly leaving a fairly
short loop that will fade when feedback is reduced. You can then begin
adding new harmonic content, and with each pass reinforce it until the
clashing harmonic stuff is gone. (I know it's a pain).

I'm a big fan of SUSrecord and SUSodub and RPLinsert modes. These allow me
to immediately begin chopping up my loop and inserting various events
randomly. I'll go through all my loops adding the odd beeps and blips, then
move among the loops to add variety. You can go further to reverse one
loop,
pitch shift another etc.

As for Playing the chorus of a song, and hitting Nextloop and playing the
verse, methinks you will still need that drum machine or other timekeeper
synced up to the EDP.

I play so little these days, that in many ways I thought I was just
forgetting all this stuff, but I've started playing a bit more in the last
month and realize I've got a new understanding of how I want to move
around,
and am surprising myself once again. Maybe I CAN evolve!?