From: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: Sustainiac (Was: Looper's Essential Listening revisited:)
Date: 16/02/06 18:23

I think I've posted on here about this before, but I will again anyway...I
built a device a while back that is a lot like the Sustainiac model with
the
acoustic transducer:

http://www.marksmart.net/gearhack/feedbackgen/feedbackgen.html

I was experimenting with this again a few months ago and got really fine
control of the feedback harmonics by delaying the signal going to the
transducer. I hacked up a Dano flanger pedal so it would just output
delayed
signal, and so that the delay time was controlled with a knob and didn't
oscillate via an LFO. It's probably possible to do this with the Sustainiac
by splicing a delay into the signal chain somewhere. My intention was to
have the delay time controlled with a pedal so you could adjust it while
playing. Listen to the mp3 to hear how you can jump between harmonics using
a setup like this.

Has anyone here ever tried an old Roland GR-500 guitar synth? I've never
seen or played one in person, but I've read that it had some kind of
sustainer built in...it might have even been polyphonic. I would like to
know more about this thing if anyone knows.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net
-------------- Original message from David Morton <dmorton@gmail.com>:
--------------

> On 2/16/06, Kelly Coyle wrote:
> > Ooop, sorry, David I meant, not Kevin.
>
> Mine's a Model C. The link I gave has 'model-b' in the URL but if you
> follow it the page talks about the Model C…must be some web design
> voodoo or something.
>
> I'm very happy with it. I have an eBow too but they're completely
> different in use and sound.
>
> The Model C Sustainiac even works - after a fashion - on my nylon
> strung Godin fretless.

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2