Re: Guitar Craft String Gauges

     Todd,

     Sorry about not being clear, yes I was talking about string gauges
for the acoustic guitar,
specifically the Crafty style Ovation model 1867.

     Robert Fripp uses the following gauges for NST on his electric:

     .052 .038 .024 .016 .012 .010

     ...while other people suggest this set of gauges for electric:

     .052 .042 .030 .017 .010 .009

     These gauges are accurate as of 1999 or 2000.  I don't know if any of
that has changed.

     Stephen

I'm guessing these are gauges recommended for an accoustic.  I imagine
you could get away with lighter gauges on an electric.  I'd guess .008
or .009 for the first string, .010 or .011 for the second, etc.

Todd