Re: Looping STUDENTS

On 20 feb 2006, at 23.33, Nemoguitt@aol.com wrote:

> per.....how do you go about getting LOOPING STUDENTS, is it a
> different approach than the OL GUTAR LESSONS?.....i remember kim
> suggesting this in the past.....the main reason i mention this....

I didn't go about that much. The music university had two students
focusing on live looping for their exam concerts and they contacted
me as an external advisor. The school has a little budget for paying
teachers brought in form the outside world. I also teach the software
Logic, and that's just the same. Studios and schools call me up. When
that happens I set up a course schedule asap and send over, so they
will see what good stuff they will be paying me for ;-)

I think the trick is to get the word around about what you are good
at and good at teaching others. When I released a book with another
guy we both got many offers as speakers. Although I'm not doing it, I
guess you can market yourself by calling the right people and tell
them that your specific skills may fit in as a special event that can
inspire what they are normally doing. Oh...  almost forgot, I did a
little marketing three years ago when Rick Walker and Matthias Grob
came over to Sweden to play. It took almost six months of phone calls
and mailing but the effort made it possible for me to book a tour
with only paid concerts that left some bags of money to split at the
end. The strategy is simple: it's just about doing the research.
taking the action and keeping it up. (the downside is that
administrational work is so boring ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)