Re: The Non-Tape-Loop

----- Original Message -----
From: "S V G" <vsyevolod@yahoo.com>

>     I belive your memory may be suspect.   From the liner notes to the
> album:
>
>     "The solo guitar part to "Signified" is manual repetition in
> comparison with technological
> repetition of the Frippertronics and is the complete second take.  The
> first take broke down after
> 6 1/2 minutes."

Well it HAS been over twenty years since I read the liner notes!  You are
otherwise correct sir.  I however interpreted (and still do lacking of
other
definitions) that "the first take broke down" to mean that the tape broke.
Guess not, huh?  Well, what DOES that mean?  A look at RF's diary these
days
will show a use of a personal shorthand for things that would cause one to
wonder about the "take broke down" meaning - so perhaps what this meant
could be a couple of items, yes?

Sometimes when I construct a loop (on the fly that is) it becomes
something
I didn't and don't want - such as when an accidental off-tempo-to-the-loop
bit happens, which causes the entire loop to simulate a musical version of
sneakers in a clothes dryer.  End result, I don't want to keep it, and it
represents something I don't wish to be publicly "mine" per se.  On that
level, at the point of mistake and afterwards, I could say that the "take
broke down".