RE: Looping Software

This looks very powerful! Can kenaxis sync to incoming midi clock?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Smulovitz [mailto:stefan@kenaxis.com]
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 5:57 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Looping Software

Hello loopers,

I'm a musician and software developer that has developed a piece of
software called Kenaxis (http://www.kenaxis.com/) that might interest
many of you. I've used it while performing with the likes of Fred
Frith, Evan Parker and Uri Caine - It allows for looping in many ways
with many layers. There is also a surround sound version called
Kenaxis VBAP that lets you loop while spinning sounds around in 5.1
or other surround sound configurations.

First - there is a 30 second delay with complete mix and feedback
control. Effects can be added to the delay either post or pre loop.
There is a built-in filter as well, great for creating the faux
stereo effects that have been talked about.

Second there are 6 "klangs" that you can record loops into. Once a
sound is recorded into one of these klangs you can adjust the loop
points and pitch. These Klangs can alternatively be used to play back
prerecorded samples as well.

Third there is a granular synth engine that you can record your loops
into and create all kinds of time stretched or textural playback with.

All the parameters can be controlled via MIDI controller so a foot
pedal like the Behringer FCB 1010 or the MDI mixer evolution UC33 are
great for hands on manipulation of the loops.

There are a ton of other features in the software, random generators
to change loops points and pitch, analog synthesis and more - check
out the site, download a demo version  or check out the videos I've
made showing how to use Kenaxis for more info. (http://www.kenaxis.com/)

If you have any questions you are welcome to email me:
stefan@kenaxis.com.

As an active musician and software developer (this is a one man
operation) if you start using the software and you have any requests
- I'm happy to try and improve the software and make it work better
for you.

Stefan