web hosting for loopers?

Looking to create a web site to upload some of my
current mp3 loops to. I had a personal site many years
ago but things have changed a lot. The info I'm
receiving from my research is a bit daunting.
     Quite a few of you have your own sites. Any
recomendations? I'm not looking for freebies
(insufficient file size upload, no mp3, etc...) + not
looking to break the bank either.
     I'm guessing the way to go is to register my
domain name at "go daddy" (stupid name) seperately.
Any feedback on how/where to proceed from there?
                                    Thanks,
                                           Lee