Re: Do I need that EDP?

Hi there,

For a long time I've been avoiding using computers for music-making
related stuff. I spend all day at the office with PCs running Windows or
Linux, and that's quite enough thanks. However, I've got an original
Lexicon JamMan, and I started to get a little tired of the limitations of
that device (mono, 32 seconds of loop time). The cost of dedicated looping
hardware that would be better than the JamMan put me off that approach,
and concurrently I was lucky enough to get hold of an old PowerBook
(Wallstreet - c. 1998) and started trying Augustus Loop on there - much
fun is now being had. I don't use Macs at work, so that awful feeling of
going back to work with a PC is skipped, and there is some mighty fine
free (or very cheap) software on the go nowadays. It's worth a look,
anyway - and you can use a laptop for any number of other things too, if
you're trying to justify the cost :)

- Tony

PS. Has anyone tried More Feedback Machine (from www.u-he.com) ? Any
thoughts ? I've downloaded it but haven't had much of a chance to play yet

"Todd Pafford" <calenlas@gmail.com> wrote: [ sage advice about PCs &
Möbius)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.