DD20 or DL-4

I'd like to summarize the advantages/disadvantages of both in a few lines -
but I'm sure that there are others that can tell you a lot more (especially
about the DD20 - got mine last Saturday).

DL4:
        + loop start/stop/halfspeed/reverse function (in General, better UI
for looping)
        + big choice of outstanding vintage and novel delay models
        + expression pedal option
        + models can be adjusted in many ways

        - limited delay time (a few seconds, only half the amount in
reverse
mode)
        - size
        - feedback can't be adjusted in looper mode
        - no "dry mute" in looper mode

DD20:
        + 23s delay time in all delay modes
        + (46s with tricks)
        + two delay effects possible simultaneously
        + display

        - very limited transport controls for looping
        - no "dry mute" at all
        - feedback can't be adjusted in looper mode
        - not all delay modes seem to reach feedback=100% (not really sure
about this one...)

I personally did a lot of crazy stuff with the DL4. Some of its delay
models
can be set to feedback values >100% and shape the sound in a very unique
way; I used to use it as an instrument rather than for treating other
instruments. Having an expression pedal which can (at least in theory)
control any of the dials (except model selection) is great. Apart from some
interesting vintage delay models, some of their "originals" are stunning
(Sweep). And having reverse, halfspeed and stutter/play once options sets
it
apart from all competitors in this price range.
The biggest disadvantage for me would be the limited delay time in its
delay
modes. It's enough for your standard kind of delay, but not for, say, a
whole bar or something.

I'm fairly new to the DD20, so can't say that much about it. I couldn't
really warm to some of its new and unique delay models. The looper mode
(here called "Sound on Sound") is kinda limited compared to the DL4, mostly
because of its limited transport functions (you can't even stop the loop
once you've started it).
The greatest thing about it is the long delay time in all modes, plus the
fact that you can select a new delay while the old one still continues to
sound - hi there, odd meters vs. other odd meters ;)

So much for that, feel free to ask additional questions (or wait for others
to chime in and correct me). It might also help if you told us a little bit
about your relative.

        Rainer