Re: kind of off-topic, but a question for zoe :-)

Oh Zo'!  I love your helpful ass so much!

On 3/3/06, Zoe Keating <cello@zoekeating.com> wrote:
I don't use the mini XLR adapter. The mic just goes straight into my
preamp and I give it phantom power from there...

Anyway. Different for every cellist I've heard. I move it around all
the time. Best spot for me is:

- looking face on at the cello and measuring straight down from the
"C" foot of the bridge - approx 4 inches down and 1 inch to the left.
- closer to the bridge the more focused, but also the more thin
- farther away gets warmer but also less focused (and boomy)
- trick is to find the sweet spot in the middle.

-a variation of just 1/2 an inch makes a huge difference.

- for looping, I have a new trick....using two mics and a footswitch
to go between them. The mics are in different spots on the cello and
get different sounds.
Then I can record some loops with one mic and some loops with another!!

hope that helps!