Re: in praise of EDP

Hi all,

I have to admit, the EDP is the one piece of kit that I've held on to about the longest
and gotten the most amount of good out of (since, '96 just before I joined this list) at one go.
I keep finding new stuff to do with it and I'm only still just using Loop III (the old software).
Silly me, I've had the chips for the new software for a few years now and have just never
gotten around to installing 'em -- hope they work when I do get around to it (LOL).

I got a pair on day one and have used 'em singly and paired for stereo in various
different gear configurations the whole time. They have a lot of loop mileage on
them and I never get tired of finding some new wrinkle in what they can do. I sure
wish I'd been able to pick the brains of a few folks who are no longer with us
(on the list that is) to get a little deeper knowledge when they were passing through..

I hate manuals. I tend to read 'em and only get more confused. I suppose that's
why I haven't installed the Loop IV software in my EDPs yet. I don't want to read
another doggone tome and start at "square one" all over again -- which is what
seems to happen whenever I buy some new piece of kit or upgrade some old
piece with new chips. Gotta learn where everything is all over again.

Sometimes a body just wants to stay put and learn what one already has, thoroughly,
before moving on. I have to learn new software all the time for work. I don't like
music making to be like that . . . continually hard and a pain thin the butt.

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314
http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???