Unrounded Multiply question

I am having a blast with this unrounded multiply thing on my EDP. However,
there is a problem that has happened a few times, and I wanted to know if
it
is 1. supposed to happen, or 2. something horribly wrong.

OK, I make a noisy background loop, let it fade a bit, then throw a bass
line over top. The original loop is 22 secs, the bass line is 7 seconds. In
the middle of the longer loop, I press multiply as I start playing the bass
part...the timer starts counting. At the end of my 4 bar phrase, I end with
record. Now, normally this just starts the 4 bar phrase from the beginning,
like it is supposed to, with the new bass part on top. But what has
happened
quite a few times (enough to scare me from using it when I am recording all
this), is That the new loop starts at the right length, but I hear a few
milliseconds of the first bass note, and then the new windowed loop plays
back without the rest of the bass part! Now, I am left with a shorter loop,
which the only way to recover from is hit multiply again, and end with
record (usually the second time it works properly) while playing a new bass
part, but I still have those few milliseconds of the old one there.
This can happen either with the front panel or the footswitch, and my EDP
is
from 98, but with completely updated guts and software (thanks Shane). I
want to know if I am double pressing something by mistake or what- any
ideas?

Dave Eichenberger
http://www.hazardfactor.com