Re: Streaming my entire discography right now

I'm listening to "Mind of Clay" with Vincent Miresse sitting in. Nice piece of work, hypnotic rhythms layered under beautiful guitar and synth (I think).  I'm still impressed with this Shoutcast technology.  One can stream recordings or live performances to a global audience.  That way people can hear a show even if its sold out or they are in another location. - CW

Thanks, CW. Yes, that's the guitar synth patch of the Boss VF-1, triggered by my acoustic guitar, of course.  Playing with Vinnie was a lot of fun. We haven't improvised together for a few months, but we play jazz together down town every Monday night.....I try to push the limits as much as possible within the jazz charts.

I have put a page together that describes how anyone can take advantage of this live streaming technology with Shoutcast, for $10 a month.

I'm just waiting for this to spread like wildfire in the looping community eventually. I'm puzzled by the hold-up. With a laptop and an internet connection, the system is fairly straight forward.

Rainer and I have been experimenting a lot in the last few months, with various server configurations for streaming our duo performances to the web. I believe he plans to make a report of his observations, findings, and recommendations.

Ninjam is cool, but until they make it possible to have a private performer session open to the public, it's not much use to me. The last time Rainer and I entered Ninjam, within minutes there were 5 other people playing with us...it was cacophony. I've already made a request to the Ninjam folks to make it possible for me to purchase there server time on demand. I like their system...just not the "open jam" environment.

How about this...I'll let someone use my Shoutcast server account and get you up and running to stream a performance to the web, if you are interesting. Just let me know. I'll give you my account settings to get things up and running...why not? I'm not using my entire bandwidth each month, so I'm willing to share the love. :)

Cheers,

Kris