Re: Audio Interface for Notebook Users

The ULN2 sounds really good. It is a superb, high-quality piece of
equipment. And is highly recommended.

(BTW, I also have an 896 on my desktop that I love.)

My decision to go with the m-audio was based on several decisions.
(These are the same reasons I would probably go with the Ultralight
now):

1) Durability
2) Size/Weight
3) Functionality
3) Cost

When you are lugging around a lot of gear, every inch and ounce counts.
(somebody should have fun with that.)

And while pres make a very big difference, in a standard house system
at a club with less than pristine acoustics.....will the difference
really be noticed?

For me, the $500 and something dollar difference has been well spent
(?) on other things....mainly, um, beer....

cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com