Re: Best Cheap Guitar Synth

> (mech wrote) I can personally recommend the Line 6 Filter Pro (and, by
> extension, the FM-4 stompbox).

I can also recommend the Filter Pro. It has a load of weird and whacky
sounds, and is one of the few filters I've tried that really works on my
electric violin. Unfortunately, Line6 stopped making them a few years
ago...
but they do appear in dribs and drabs on ebay (There is one in the UK and
one in Canada at the moment).

Whilst the echo pro's sell at a high premium (£200-£300), the filter pro's
tend to go for about half that, which might just fit in to your budget.