AW: adding pitch shift to stereo EDP+'s

Ok, are the effects loops pre or post send? (If they're not pre, you might
not be able to generally optain the result you're looking for).

Regarding the shifters themselves. I was always fairly content with my old
digitech StudioQuad (which also has the nice property of four channels I/O,
so you could install it both pre and post EDPs and use different patches
for
shifting either the outs or the ins). When I want good pitch shifting, I
use
the Eclipse (which has a price which can easily compete with a pair of EDPs
;).

To play into Rick's hands here, I'll recommend the Zoom 1201 (1HU rack
unit)
here, for two reasons: first, it's very cheap. second, you control the
amount of pitch shift with a 11-position switch and another dial which
changes between shift up and shift down. This allows by turning these two
dials while having a melodic loop play through it for some quasitonal
weirdness. The quality: don't shift more than a fourth or a fifth at most,
unless you are prepared for some very pitch-shifted-sounding material.
The FireworX doesn't for my taste live up to the quality level I'd expect
from a device which tells me the name of the software manufacturer
responsible for the pitch shifting at every startup.

        Rainer