Laptop Set-up....

On Mar 21, 2006, at 12:39 PM, mizfeldman@bluefrog.com wrote:

> anyway, i'm very interested in the nearly-exhausted thread about
> laptops/audio interface options.  would anyone like to post their
> current live performance laptop setup, for comparison purposes?

For my live shows:

Powerbook 1.5GHZ
My own instrument created in MAX/MSP
M-Audio Firewire1814

I use zero outboard processors.

Laptop ontrolled by:

doepfer drehbank (about to go away)
m-audio oxygen8 (notes are used as on/off switches for modules)
4 Roland EV-5 pedals

It is fed my quarter-tone trumpet via Shure Beta56/57

You guys would love my looper.....created in max/msp....synchronous /
asynchronous loops, independent stereo tracks: each with their own
real-time vari-speed with or without pitch change, stereo placement
control, and more...thanks to the wonderful Andrew Pask for that.....

Jeff

Jeff Kaiser
http://www.jeffkaisermusic.com
pfMENTUM.com • AngryVegan.com