Re: semi OT first Thomas Dolby tour in ages

Per asked:

"any frisco kids on the list gong there?"

I'm so there I can't see straight, Per.    I only wish  I was wealthy
enough
to just fly you over to do
a week's worth of shows culminating in us going to see that show.

So far I cannot find any information on the availibity of tickets.
The venue,  S.F.'s the INDEPENDENT  doesn't even have the date listed yet.

Speaking of Mr. Dolby,

Is anyone familiar with the melancholy tune off of Astrounauts and
Heretics
called
"I love You, Goodbye"?

I think this song more perfectly captures the gothic humid sadness of New
Orleans and that whole region
better than any single song I can think of with the exception of a couple
of
beautiful Sonny Landreth tunes.

It has the most beautiful line about that magical and somehow, ghostly
area,

"It has a spirit that cannot be broken".       Even after the terrible
hurricane, I think it is still true.

I love Thomas Dolby.