Vortex in a rock band

>Speaking of rock gigs, have any of you ever used a Vortex in a rock
>band, live? I find that many oif the patches that sound great in the
>living room just disappear amid the bass and drums.

hi Tim

I didn't have a problem in a rehearsal studio type situation,
but if you mean playing with a "professional" pa then I'd
think about making easy uncomplicated sounds that a "sound guy"
might be able to live with.

Generally the fine details of a patch are always going be somewhat
lost when you blend your guitar with other sounds. An echo at low
volume will tend to disappear completely.
In any case, what sounds good on solo guitar isn't always going to
work in a band context.

the supplied vortex presets are probably worth avoiding

Try going for simpler echoes,
turn up the echo volume, and turn down the no. of repeats.
Use simpler values for echo divide ( like putting them both = 2)

...and plenty of Vortex extreme modulation brought in with the pedal :-)

andy butler
www.andybutler.com mp3 and home of the Vortex Database