RE: [LOOP] OT -- A GUITARISTS SECOND WORST NIGHTMARE

[For some reason I didn't see the original post, but I'm reading between
the lines of the responses...]

I'll third that. Any medical professional (doctor or nurse) will be able
to give the burn a once over to see if any deeper damage has occurred.
Best thing is to get plenty of cool water onto it to cool the skin & flesh
down, then take it to a pro to look it over (even if you went straight to
see them, they'd probably run water over it for a good while before
looking at it much). Aqueous cream (basically thick water) can help
healing, and there are various types of sticking plaster that can help - a
pro will recommend the correct type of plaster and/or cream. Having had a
face full of boiling anti freeze a few years ago, I went to the doc and
got water first, then the pro having a look, then cream / ointment for
afters. Seemed like a good plan.

Guitar playing is very probably out for a while though, however deep the
damage is. Even if it's fairly mild, playing a steel string guitar, with
friction from the strings, is probably going to hurt, and probably
aggravate things.

- Tony

"murkie" <sinister_footwear@yahoo.com> wrote: [ seconding the motion ]

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.