Re: F*** the Music Recording Industry

On 24 apr 2006, at 11.55, loop.pool wrote:

> This is an unedited transcript of a <sic> speech to the Digital
> Hollywood online entertainment conference, given in New York on May
> 16.

Yes, it was a great speech. The conference was held in year 2000.
Here's the originally published text:
http://archive.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/print.html

Interested can also read the related article "The Problem With Music"
by Steve Albini:
http://www.arancidamoeba.com/mrr/problemwithmusic.html

Personally I more or less quit "doing the corporate rock thing" as a
major label singed artist in 1997, to focus on making music for
pleasure. I wrote some books in Swedish on the matter and when the
above two articles came around I was more than delighted. They kind
of justified my critical view and also helped me getting more gigs as
a speaker, seminar panel moderator etc, thus providing food on my
table ;-)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)