From: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
To: "Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com"
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: Re: EDP simm question
Date: 04/05/06 00:42

Nik, thanks for answering, but the fact that you thought you could
buy some Simm in the past (when?) doesn't seem a solution right now.

Actually finding a Simm 30 pin 4Mb on Ebay (.it., .com or
even .co.uk) or everywhere looks like a pretty big problem:
especially if I don't know exactly what to buy.

The problem, again, is: does anybody here knows if a certain speed
is a must? The manual asserts that 120ns of speed is a necessary
condition. The LD's EDP faq says speed is not a problem. The very few
Simm I saw on sale in the last two weeks on the web are all 60 or 70 ns.

Try to figure how *disappointing* would be buying something (with
overseas shipping costs) and finding out it's not right (if working...).

The other question is: does anybody knows what happens if I mount a
Simm over 4 Mb (8 or 16) in case I find some second hand pieces with
no indication and I need to mount them for testing purpose? Could the
simm be damaged? Would the EDP disappear?

thanks again to you all for any significant clue

Bruno

Message sent using UebiMiau 2.7.2