Re: MaxMSP looping - was: Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

On May 4, 2006, at 3:25 AM, Per Boysen wrote:

> One issue always was the time needed to cook up a good live looping
> patch, but with a community interest it may be a quicker process.

yup.

> All the MAX users I've known in the past seemed more interested in Max
> than in music ;-) but maybe that's just my own false perception based
> on minimal Max experience?

I think there is probably a division of people, but yeah, there are
certainly people like that....having played with so many "laptop"
players that don't know how to make music breath...laptopitis: from the
time they get on stage they never look up and never stop making
sound...drives me nuts....what good is a new "sound" if it is not used
in a creative way....compositionally, texturally, dynamically....

> I couldn't find any statement at Cycling74's web page on their plans
> for supporting Universal Binary code (Intel Macs). Anyone know about
> that?

Cycling74 seems to be a very responsive company, actually, pretty
amazing at responding to needs of users, so should be soon, from the
chatter I hear on the max list.....