Re: MaxMSP looping - was: Re: Did a quick Mobius gig today :-)

> On 4 maj 2006, at 13.32, Andreas Wetterberg wrote:
>>> I think one possible answer to this cycle lies in the flexibility
>>> of Max/MSP.

> Per Boysen wrote:
>> Seconded! I have experienced the flexibility of scripting with
>> Mobius and AFAIK Max should be able to do similar things.
> Hehe, you better believe it ;) You could even load Mobius inside
> Max as well, and use max objects to control it - fractal loopin'
> for instance. Or serialist looping - now there's an oxymoron, hehe.

"Serialist Looping" and "Oxymoronean Looping" could go parts of what
I do. Fact is everything I need is already inside Mobius. I now have
most macro tools (scripts) finished for 4/4 based music. But I need
to rework all my script for 7/8 based, 5/4 or other time based music.
It is possible, I know how to do it, but oh so boring and time
consuming.

Before Mobius I used a system in Ableton Live where MIDI events,
organized into relevant series, were trigged by pedals to dynamically
alter the ongoing looping process. That system was quick and smart
because the same serial sequences could be used as triggers for any
kind of action - I just had to convert them once. With Mobius I have
to write new scripts and that's a bit time consuming. So this is my
interest in MAX; if that way of applying of serial sequences can be
somehow generalized for a quicker application?

I use serial sequences for parameters like "overdub", "pitch
transpose", "speed", "feedback", "Subtstitute Insert", "retrigger",
"reallign".

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)