E-bow question

I just got an E-Bow after lusting after one for a few decades.  I tried using it with my Brian Moore iGuitar through a Roland GR50 and it’s not doing quite what I expect.  It’ll sustain forever, but if I just slide down to another note, the GR doesn’t seem to pick up the change and the synth keeps playing the same note.  If I pick behind the E-Bow, or hammer on really hard, then I get the new note.  Does anybody have any wisdom to impart?  Do I need to set the sensitivity on the GR lower?  Do I just have to learn to pick behind the E-Bow with my right hand?

I played with the E-Bow and my DL4 and DD20 and boy does that make some cool noise!  Drone-y loops and great sustain.  Nice.

Thanks,

Tony