Re: pushing limits

On 10 maj 2006, at 16.53, Steve Lawson wrote:

> That's not to say that clever looping tricks and musicality don't
> overlap - they clearly do sometimes! - but for me it's a matter of
> priorities. I've heard clever looping that works as music and I've
> heard clever looping that sounds like crap (to me).

Very well said! For the record, I own one of Steves albums and the
reason I like it so much is because it does put the musical
expression into focus and looping techniques is just one color of his
palette.

But I agree with Andy that it's great fun to push the limits when
playing for my own pleasure without anyone else listening.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)