Re: bass and strum stick tunings

oooooh, ooooooh, oooooh, ooooooh

thank you for this post, Todd.

I love Page's acoustic playing (especially on the entire Led Zepellin 3
record)
and always wondered how he tuned (but never got off my ass to actually
research it).

I got an incredible deal on a 12 string guitar recently (It's a very nice
hummingbird copy)
and it's really sweet.

I'm going right this minute to put it into that tuning.

I just love drones, having played a lot of 3rd world ethnic music in my
career for a very long time.
Moving chords over static bass lines

moving harmony by moving the bass line under static chords to create
harmony
is really beautiful to me.

thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!!

todd wrote:
"Likewise, that's almost my favorite 6-string acoustic stell-string
tuning:  C G C G C D.  Note that the top four strings are just a step
lower.  Of course, I can't take credit for this one as it's the tuning
Jimmy Page used for the Rain Song and aparently now for most of his
guitar playing.The beauty of this one is in the drones.  Simple two-three
finger
chord shapes can be slid up and down the neck and wonderful harmonies
against the drones can be found all over the place."