Re: Indigo i/o

Well, this may not be well-informed, but I'll give it a shot.  My input
level by plugging my guitar directly into the IO input and playing loud
and
hard  is -18db. I doesn't not pose an issue for me, as I just adjust my
output levels to be as close to the red as possible. I don't appear to
have
any noise either, despite the low input level. When I go into my Boss VF1
before my laptop, then of course I can get a better input level, as the
Boss
has an adjustable output.

However, occasionally, I will start my system and my guitar will be barely
audible, even when the Analog in inside the ECHO control panel is all the
way up. What I find is that in my normal sound card audio control panel
(the
one you can get to by clicking on the tiny speaker in the system tray),
the
Line Out fader is completely at 0. Granted, this does not boost your input
level but it does get your output to a decent level. I push it back to the
top and everything sounds great.

This doesn't really solve your problem, but I think the ECHO tech
reflected
the issue correctly.

This is one advantage I see with the Creative Labs Audigy 2 card, as it
has
both mic and input level settings. When I use my old laptop and plug my
guitar directly into the card, I switch to Mic level. When I run from my
Boss VF1 to the card, I switch to line level. I suppose if you can't live
with the line level only of the ECHO you could return it and get the
Audigy
2, for a lot cheaper by the way (down to $90 now). And I have no
complaints
with the quality of the Audigy...it is just as clear as the ECHO, and I
even
like the input/outputs on the card better. I don't like how the input and
output on the IO is from front to back. I like the Audigy positioning of
the
jacks better so that my cords come out of the side of the computer.

Kris