Re: tube preamp VST plugin?

On 15 maj 2006, at 04.27, Jeff Kaiser wrote:

> Pay the dough for vintage warmer, I think it is worth it.

Yes. It's very good. But not a good idea to play live through,
because it adds up a lot to the through-put latency. But for
adjusting something already recorded it's excellent!

For playing through a computer and get a good guitar sound I think
Guitar Combos by Native Instruments is very good. My own taste goes
with the Vox emulation and I should only bother to buy that one, as
separate, If I needed an in-laptop guitar amp emulator. The Guitar
Amp Pro that is part of Logic is as good and so is of course the
Guitar Rig from NI - although it has about 95 percent too much of
most anything so your instrument may easily get lost inside the
thing... if it doesn't make your computer crash first (just a
personal opinion to round it off, don't take for facts ;-)

I think there is a free demo of Guitar Combos to check it out before
you buy.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)