Re: EWI

mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:
> I am a YAmaha WX7 player, but got a chance to check out the EWI4000s at
> the NAMM show in January. I didn't get to actually blow on it, but I
> held it and tried out the keys. Very cool roller octave keys! Those are
> nicer than on any of the Yamahas. I still find it hard to get used to
> the other non-moving touch keys. People who play EWIs all say that after
> you get used to them they are faster than regular keys, but I dunno.

Unlikely.  The WX's keys are so small and light that they don't slow you
down in any meaningful way.  But you can eventually get used to the
touch sensors on the EWIs.  I think it's easier for those of us trained
on open-holed instruments like clarinet, where you can't rest your
fingers on the keys. You can't do that with an EWI.

> Maybe I'll get a 4000s at some point, but I would mostly use it to drive
> my Reaktor sounds and probably wouldn't use the internal synth at all.

If the WX is working for you, I wouldn't bother, unless there's some
specific feature of the 4000 that you want.

What kind of Reaktor stuff do you do with it?

Brian