Re: Mobius on an Intel Mac (and more questions)

Per Boysen wrote:
> On 16 maj 2006, at 21.15, mark sottilaro wrote:
>
>> I've borrowed a 1.25 gighz Powerbook
>

> That's the model I have! :-)) It's very slow compared to my 2 GHz
> centrino laptop or my 2x2 G5 tower. But this old powerbook is good
> enough for looping out. I used it at the Zürich Loopfest last year,
> running two instances of Augustus Loop (hosted by Ableton Live)
> together with my EDP. Mixing the two software loopers with the EDP in
> Live's mixer, adding some reverb and Pluggo effects. I have 2 GB RAM
> and I guess that's why it's so stable and never crashes. What happens
> when I load up too much for the G4 CPU  is that the audio starts
> sounding a bit crackled, or simply stops. I found that powerbook a  bit
> slow for SooperLooper too, because I wanted to run at least three
> instances of the AU version (under Live).

Per, how stable has Live been as an AU host?  I'm building up a
Macbook-based performance rig, and would like to use Logic to have
access to Sculpture. Unfortunately, I don't find Logic stable enough for
live performance, at least on my studio G5. If Live is stable with AU
instruments and Augustus Loop, it might be an option.

Brian