Re: Mobius on an Intel Mac (and more questions)

On 17 maj 2006, at 03.51, Brian Good wrote:

> Per, how stable has Live been as an AU host?  I'm building up a
> Macbook-based performance rig, and would like to use Logic to have
> access to Sculpture. Unfortunately, I don't find Logic stable
> enough for live performance, at least on my studio G5. If Live is
> stable with AU instruments and Augustus Loop, it might be an option.

Hi Brian,

I've been using Logic since 1994 for producing of recorded music in
the safe studio environment. Compared to Cubase, that I used before,
Logic was the thing for putting the pieces together. But I don't find
it stable enough to use on stage as a performance application,
although I really love some of it's effects (ring modulator, auto-
filter, Evoc vocoder, Tape Delay, Guitar Amp Pro). In my use Live is
much more stable and I have been using it a lot on stage to host
AU's. There is also this USB copy protection dongle that you have to
use with Logic and that is exactly the thing that some people jump on
stage to steal when the lights go out. You can get the Logic Express
version that doesn't use a dongle, but this version miss out on some
of the plug-ins I like in Logic. And finally, when I tried to do live
looping with Logic's tape delay or Augustus Loop it seems as these
processes crash Logic in twenty minutes time.

Live with Augustus Loop has been totally stable with me, and is also
a very creative set-up.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)