mixer board suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions or opinions on a 6 channel mixer.  In light of recent discussions, I'll state that I'm looking for a "real" one - I ain't got no laptop.

Because the intended use for this is for one (or several) instruments to have their signal split into multiple channels (and then effected/mangled etc) , I'm looking for a mixer that doesn't double-up on inputs.

(Never having owned a mixer, this is an assumption; if I can run two separate channels into a doubled-up channel and able to control them individually, let me know.)

My other concerns keeping it small, keeping it cheap, and something that can drive a PA.

Because they're cheap, I've looked at Berhringer.  But since I'm looking for 6 separate, non-doubled inputs, I'd need to get their Eurorack with 12 channels.  This is the front-runner so far as it's less than 12"X12" in size and is listed at $120 Canuck-bucks but having 12 tracks does seem to a bit of over-kill.  (But then again, so does paying more than $120 for fewer channels...)

ted harms.