RE: Dry Signal Passing Through VST Effects and Host

If I could make an embarassed face with text only, I'd do it!  Basically,
solved my problem...user error...Chainer has wet and dry level control for
each effect, and for each "stack" (row of effects, there are 8 of them in
the host)....I had turned up the dry levels on each stack to maximize
volume, which was passing dry signal through, even though I had the dry
signal to 0 on each individual efffect.  But I learned something that is
the
inverse of my problem, which is sort of interesting. It's not that some
effects were passing dry signal through even when the dry mix on them was
off, rather it was that some effects were sending no dry signal at all. It
was the other way around....so even though I had the stack dry mix up to
100, the effect wasn't passing any dry signal to it. Odd, but easy to work
with.

Anyway, works like a charm now, and wow does everything sound different!
Even Ruby Tube has totally changed its character and is better than
before...not uneffected signal mixed with it now.  And Hipno effects sound
awesome!  I had to change my settings on a lot of things to get my levels
up, but all is good now.

Now I need to start experimenting with some of the Pluggo routing VSTs so
that I can insert tone mangling effects after Mobius in the Chainer
sequence
of VSTs....try some of the randomizing VSTs, etc....get my web cam up and
running to control Hipno and the virutal Theremin, get Toy Bear's Monster
Bag of tone mangling effects, etc....the list goes on....not enough time
in
the day.

Kris

Krispen Hartung / Improvisational Guitar
www.krispenhartung.com / www.myspace.com/krispenhartung
info@krispenhartung.com / 1.208.724.5603
Discography - http://www.krispenhartung.com/catalogue.htm
Looper's Delight Playlist -