Problems (and solutions) from the world of loop: metronome bleed

Dear fellow loopers,

just thought I'd share a problem I encountered with my laptop-based
looping setup and the solution to it.

A quick rundown of the setup: laptop running Mobius within Ableton Live!,
a Presonus Firebox fed by both a headset microphone (into Ch2) and a
guitar or bass (into Ch1), the main outs either via 1/4'' TRS (on the
Firebox' 1/2 output pair) or coax S/PDIF (output 7/8). A pair of
headphones (Sony earplugs) routed from output 3/4 within the Firebox,
which in turn is fed by Live's cue channel.

The problem: when I played guitar or bass and looped it while listening to
Live's metronome, the metronome was clearly audible in the loop. When it
appeared for the first time and I found it when listening back to the
recording, I thought I accidently left the mic channel open and routed to
Mobius, but it happened a second time (and I hereby want to say sorry both
to Krispen and Rick, who were part of these performances).

After careful research of the problem, it presented itself like this: the
headphones' cable was obviously bleeding into the guitar cable. Now the
guitar cable wasn't a really cheap one (but not one of those well above
$100 ones, either), which can't be said about the headphone cables (very
thin).

Solution: I took my Behringer DI20 active DI (which I bought once "just in
case" and left it in one of my "small pieces of gear" drawers since then -
they go for below €30 and according to the relevant forums (gearslutz,
recording.org) are a great bang for the buck), connected it with an XLR
cable to the firebox' ch1 and the DI in turn to the guitar's output with a
short patch cable. No more mic bleeding; problem solved. The guitar sound:
seems to be at least as good as before.

        Rainer