Re: BOSS RC-50 impressions

Fade-out would not be the same as feedback. With feedback the audio decays over the course of time and is ultimately lost; a fade out should leave the recorded audio intact, and still in memory. The plus point on the RC-50, is that this gives you the opportunity of fading the audio back in, which is something I don't think is possible on most, or any of the loopers with feedback control? We still need to know if Boss has given us a useful parameter range for the fade; they quote 0-100 in the manual, and this is for fade-outs and fade-ins. But if for example 0-100 equates to 0-10 secs, then it would be virtually useless - give me 0-100 seconds and I might bite; more would be a definite bonus.

mark sottilaro wrote:

    Is fade the same as feedback though?  I guess if you
    have enough tracks you can fake it by setting one to
    fade while you start building another.  Hell, if that
    works I'd buy this thing.