Sequencer that let's you jump from part to part via midi pc message?

I think a while back someone on this list was talking
about a sequencer program that lets you jump from part
to part via midi pc message.  I kind of ignored it as
it was a Windows app, but I've got a Thinkpad on it's
way and I'm wondering about a decent sequencer for it.
 Nothing fancy but I'd like to be able to create a
part and then send a pc message telling it to go to a
different part.  Not crucial but could be good.

Mark