EMU1616M Re: Audio Interface for Notebook Users

Title:
Krispen Hartung wrote:
I noticed no one mentioned this:

Emu 1616 Laptop Audio Interface
http://www.zzounds.com/item--EMU1616
http://www.emu.com/products/product.asp?category=505&subcategory=491&product=13554

E-MU's new 1616 Laptop Digital Audio System brings the same powerful DSP effects, zero-latency monitoring and pristine 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A converters of E-MU's best selling PCI Digital Audio Systems to your laptop. The E-MU CardBus card can be used standalone for its DSP power and studio-quality headphone amp/line output, or plugged into the MicroDock for a total of 16 inputs and 16 outputs plus two sets of MIDI I/O. E-MU's Laptop Digital Audio Systems ship with ASIO2 and stereo WDM drivers for Windows XP and 2000, plus the new E-MU Production Tools Software Bundle that includes E-MU's Proteus X LE, plus software by Cakewalk, Steinberg, Ableton, IK Multimedia, and many more - everything you need to create, record, edit, master and burn your music.

It looks promising, better than USB, as it plugs into the PCI card.
Kris
I bought the EMU1616M as soon as it came out.  Use it for recording sessions, gigs, at home in the studio, everywhere.  It is a beauty.  Can't say a single bad thing about it.
Andrew
--
Andrew Duke
scoring/sound design/source