Re: RC-50: Multiply feature? (overdubbing w/ different lengths)

Hi guys

yeah.
I was thinking also about these possibilities:

A. "Multiply" manually:
- Method: Play each bar i.e. 4 times (even though it's
1/2 bars)
- Drawback: Sometimes I have a spontanious idea later
on that is just longer...

B. Resample via external sampler:
- Method: As described, resample loop on 2nd sampler.
- Drawback: a bit cumbersome, have to keep an eye (and
foot) on two loopers. You loose stereo if 2nd looper
is mono.

C. Resample within RC-50:
- Method: I think this should work like this:
Record Phrase 1 with 1 bar, Phrase 2 with 4 bars - in
time sync. Route Phrase 1/2 to Subgroup on RC-50.
Route subgroup to Phrase 3. Record Phrase 3 for 4
bars.
- Drawback: Occupies all 3 Phrases of the RC-50. Be
careful with routing, otherwise you get nice feedback
;-)

Of all of these, Method C seems still the most
attractive to me.
Still, I'm not fully happy with it. I guess there are
no alternatives either?
EDP is just mono. I would be tempted to buy a
Looperlative but not with such a tight RAM limitation.

Best regards
Buzap