RE: Mac v.s Pc

--- goddard.duncan@mtvne.com wrote:

> here's another 2c worth: I have a macbook pro, which
> is an intel-powered
> dual-core 1.8Ghz laptop. it has 2 Gb of ram.
> the whole thing cost almost twice as much as the
> nearest PC equivalent

I'm not sure how you can make that statement. I've
been shopping for these things a lot and I found that
unless you're looking at a no-name laptop the prices
of the Macs weren't all that out of line.  Here's what
I saw:

http://www.buy.com/prod/Sony_Vaio_100GB_1GB_13_3_DVD_R_RW_Windows_XP_Professional/q/loc/101/202242878.html

and

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?family=MacBookPro

The Sony's got more ram (I think a gig stick costs
about $150 these days) and the Apple's got a faster
processor but "twice" as expensive?  I found similar
prices with most of the major brands like Toshiba,
Lenovo(IBM) and Dell.

I did decide to go with a Toshiba myself but only
because I've already got machines that run all the Mac
apps I have and the added cost of XP did make the
Macbook more expensive for a reason I could't justify.

Mark