Re: Is it Ableton Live - or is it me?

On 12 jun 2006, at 10.09, Buzap Buzap wrote:

> I still don't know if I'll be happy with Ableton for "Live"
> situations. There seem to be no keyboard/midi controlls for setting
> the meter. How am I going to switch from 4/4 to 7/8?

Manually, by using the mouse. Unfortunately.

> One thing encouraging: Kid Beyond seems to use control-software
> quite successfully.

If you're interested in his set-up he posted a detailed description
on this list, maybe a year back or so. Might be possible to find by
searching the archives. The most important part is to use a third-
party software that translates external (controller) MIDI events into
computer key stroke code. That way you can control all the stuff in
Ableton that can not be mapped to external MIDI.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)