Ganglion

At 12:11 AM 6/16/2006, you wrote:
>I recently dicovered a small lump on my left ring
>tendon that was sort of bothering me when playing
>guitar and went to the doctor and found out is a
>finger ganglion.I am still debating wether i should
>let them operate it because there arent any guarantees
>of anything,it oculd come back,ruin a nerve numbing
>the finger etc.it is specially frustrating and
>depressing being left handed...

I'm not a doctor so you'd be a fool to follow my advice but...

I have had ganglions on the back of my hand in the past when my
technique wasn't good.  The best advice I got was to rest the area
until my body repaired the synovial sheath shrank the ganglion.  I
also worked on my technique--I was using too much force and bending
my wrist when I played so I played with a wrist brace for awhile to
unlearn bad habits.

If you cut (or pop) the synovial sheath, you weaken it.  So yeah,
your chances of getting another ganglion increase.

Best wishes,
Kevin

The Nettles: Progressive and Exciting Celtic Music
www.TheNettles.com