RE: RC-50 Users Must Be Busy

My friend mentioned to me that he contacted boss about a different issue as well. he tried to slave it to his drum machine midi clock and it would not stay in sync. They’ve acknowledged the problem and said he should make the rc-50 master only.

From: Jfloridis@aol.com [mailto:Jfloridis@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 4:31 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: RC-50 Users Must Be Busy

continuing my thoughts on the rc50, i have continued to find it a nice unit.  i've used it in ways i had not anticipated, ie., single mode loops from section A to section B, which i had not done before.  mostly using that for compositional stuff, hearing how sections would sound back to back.  i also confess that i have used the rhythm tracks to do some writing.  initially i thought there was no way i'd mess with those, but i burried my attitude and had some fun with it.

for me, whether i keep the unit or return it hinges on that damn "glitch" as paul calls it at the end of the record and the begining of the playback.  it bothers me that much.  i'm really not sure what to do about it.  playing through it just seems like a lame way to get around it.  the fact of the matter is it shouldn't be there.  if anyone else has experienced this and truly has found a consistent way around it, i'd be all ears.  maybe i do quieter loops than others, as when i try to loop more subtle chord progressions or motifs with any space in there, it really is jarring.......again, only for the first time around, but still, that's just ridiculous.  maybe i should try another one somewhere and see if maybe mine is particularly bad.

so in closing, still having fun, but still frustrated as well,
john