RE: Addressing a single Echoplex in a Stereo Setup

At 02:53 PM 6/17/2006, hazard factor wrote:
>  This is true, although with the hacked firmware, it has allowed for some
>improvement. There apparently isn't enough memory for different channels
>per
>preset, or releasepedal messages, although for probably a few pennies more
>they could have maybe used a little bit more memory.

if people are going to the trouble of hacking the firmware, why not change
out the memory also and increase the memory size? Seems like it would be a
pretty simple hardware mod, unless the problem is the cpu address range is
already filled up.

>So, for midi controllers, this leaves us with the PMC-10 and maybe the
>Rocktron All Access, although the Access is about the same price as an
>EDP...

yes, if you are only thinking of midi footpedal controllers. But there are
plenty of other types of controllers. Keyboard controllers, drum
controllers, sampler/drum machine boxes, table top studio fader boxes,
etc.
Many options, unless you are a guitarist who wears big boots and doesn't
have a hand free.

>I will say- I used the PMC-10 for awhile, but, and maybe mine was weird-
>there was about a 100ms delay from when I pressed the pedal to when the
>EDP
>changed its state.

Are you talking about the Yamaha MFC-10 midi pedal? That has a known
latency problem like you describe. But the old digitech PMC-10 definitely
does not have any latency issue. After all, Andre LaFosse uses the
Digitech
PMC-10 for all his supa-fast pedal pushing. No way he could do that
without
a responsive pedal.

>I just use the EDP controller for the EDP, and the FCB1010 for everything
>else- they work pretty well together.

That is another good approach to this. You can use midi control and the
Echoplex pedal together just fine. So you could have the FCB1010 set up to
control the two Echoplexes together in stereo, and then have the pedal
plugged into the slave Echoplex to control it independently. You could
probably even come up with some sort of "midi switch" that disconnects the
midi connection between them. So with the midi connected, the FCB controls
them both in stereo, and the pedal can independently address the slave. If
you disconnect the midi with the midi switch, the FCB could them be used
control the master EDP independently. You could switch between the options
with a relatively simple solution.

kim