Re: Thoughts on the Eclipse, Fireworx, G-Force, and PCM81

Hi Kris,
I've worked with all these effects and I have a Fireworx and an Orville
in my rack.
I can second all what David Coffin has said, I just add one thing:
The Fireworx has great filters, a great compressor and a very nice
formant algorithm.
I am using the Fwx mainly for loops post processing but I also want to
keep it available for my main guitar input as it has a "sound" which is
very different form the Orville ( and also from the Eclipse, which is
more "thick" compared to the Orville).
The Fwx sound can be described as "sterile" by some, but I think it is
one of the most clean and "percussive" ones I've ever heard from these
kind of processors; so I like it, specially on very clean parts.
Its reverbs are nothing compared to Eventides and Lexicon.
It is a box that is lacking of a deeper evolution and has a few
limitations ( as has already been touched by David and Per) but it is
one of those boxes which has a very distinctive character.
If I could bring up another ( elder), very interesting box, it would be
the Sony Dps V77.
Anyway, if I should choose one between the ones you wrote I would go
with the Eclipse, all in all it is the most complete one and it is the
one which has the best reverbs and delays.

my best,
luca
www.unguitar.com