Running SooperLooper

Hi

last night I've installed JackOSX and also SooperLooper on my Intel Mac.
I've started the Jack Server, but when I ran SooperLooper, it would simply
freeze (or actually you would see only the "hourglass" or whatever you
might call it on the Mac) with Activity Monitor stating "not responding".

Now, since I'm quite new to Mac, I might have messed up something.. Do I
have to install/run anything else? Anything special on Intel Mac? Can I
troubleshoot some logfiles somewhere?

Any ideas?

best regards

Buzap