Re: 10 year's anniversary of Looper's Delight ?

Krispin is already organizing a little something online.. .30 second loops.
I have to make mine tomorrow!

Didn't know if you had seen that come through the pike, kim.

All best,

T.

On 7/2/06 10:24 PM, "Kim Flint" <kflint@loopers-delight.com> wrote:

> At 04:56 AM 6/28/2006, Bernhard Wagner wrote:
>
>> Sunday, September, 1st 1996 at 23:34:23 -0700 (PDT) the first post
>message
>> ever was posted to LD by Matthew F. McCabe aka King Never:
>> http://loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/199609/msg00000.html
>>
>> September 1st, 2006 will be 10 year's anniversary of Looper's Delight.
>
> Amazing!
>
> 10 years of relentless repetition!
>
> When I started this, I never imagined it would still be going 10 years
>later.
>
> Or that I could put up with it for that long. :-)
>
> In fact, the Looper's Delight web site was online several months before
>the
> list started. I put up the first version of the site around April of
>1996.
>
> I can see from old emails that I first asked my ISP at the time about
> starting a mailing list on March 21, 1996. That email is followed by
> several other mails making the same request over and over again for a
> period of months without any response, then several more emails
>complaining
> about their total lack of customer support. My emails then get more and
> more aggravated until August 14, 1996, when their system administrator
> finally starts helping me get the mailing list set up and running.
>
> (That started a string of moving Looper's Delight from one incompetent
>ISP
> to another, until I finally made the step to running my own server.)
>

>> How about some celebration and apposite looping madnesssss?!
>
> It would be wonderful to do a 10 year anniversary event! That could be a
> lot of fun. I would really need people to help organize such a thing
> though. Anybody interested?
>
> kim

> Kim Flint                     | Looper's Delight
> kflint@loopers-delight.com    | http://www.loopers-delight.com

-----
³Virtue is just repression waiting to go bad² - Trevor Exter

³Classical music is related to the past more than it is related to the
creative part of sound² - Ornette Coleman
------
Todd Reynolds
42-09 47th Ave 1C
Sunnyside, NY  11104