RE: FlyLooper & maket potential

Buzap and others-

Thanks for all the great information so far.

After reading all your emails, two suggestions seem particularly important
.... using midi controllers and making this VST compatible .. (also decay,
or feedback .. but this is easily done).  Using a midi controller instead
of
a USB device should be no problem ... making this program a VST host (or
plugin) is a bit more difficult for me (my program is written in C#, and
VST
prefers C++).

Regarding the market:
The market does exist I believe.  Specifically, I am marketing to
individuals who want to use phrase samplers as a live performance tool,
and
need to:

1) control loops independently ----
my main gripe with the boomerang, RC-20/50 and others I have tried is that
they don't allow independent control .. at most you get one undo ....
pretty
weak.  I'm able to change any/all loops, turn them individually on/off,
change tempo, volume, effects, decay, etc.

2) Handle loops of various lengths ----
Other than using Ableton live with programmed midi controllers, nothing I
have seen handles loops of different sizes in a live setting (one that is
1
measure long, another that is 3 or 4, etc.)  I believe the RC-50 might be
able to do this, but only if you explicitly tell it the timing first ....
does anyone else know of a product that allows you to record loops of
different lengths live (as opposed to stacking loops  .. which just adds
one
waveform on top of the other .. so they are neccessarily the same length).

I have a meeting this week with the prouct development supervisor for
Statton DJ Electronics (a company I had never heard of ... but that makes
system that allows DJs to scratch MP3s on there computer.... live
.....good
stuff).  Does anyone have any experience with this company??  Like I said,
don't know anything about them.

I would prefer to get this off the ground alone or with a small company
but finding the right people is always a challenge.  Any suggestions are
welcome.  Thanks for all the advice so far.

PS - I still plan on getting a beta version out, but I'll wait a couple
weeks and see if I can get it to work with a midi controller instead of a
USB device first.

Thanks again -- and your right, this is my new home -- glad to find you
all
--- : )
Aaron