Re: LOOPERS DELIGHT 10 year ANNIVERSARY PARTY

Kim,

I am waaaaaaaay up in Medford Oregon -- orbiting a little too far outside the apparent
looping center of the universe (Bay Area)) to be of much practical help. However,
I offer my humble graphic services (such as they are) to whomever organizes and
cobbles this thing together. Rick Walker and Jeff Kaiser can both attest to a certain
utility I have in the area of graphic stuff.

Oh yeah . . . and I'd love to come play too. Count me in. Too bad we couldn't talk ol'
Mr. DT (aka: texture444, Hedewa7 and/or Spltrcl) into participating. He was a pretty
darn early (if infrequent) contributor also. Andre LaFosse (though no longer among
our number), was there practically from the beginning as well. My my my, time flies.
Ah . . . the memories.

How I heard about the list was through the Oberheim Sales Rep whom I bought
my EDPs from (I think). I expressed my intent on maxing out the RAM on the thing
right away, but wondered about sources and specs and stuff like that. I believe he
suggested signing up to the list -- since you experts were online and operating
some sort of web "discussion group." Seemed intriguing so I joined. I've never
regretted it for a moment.

The web was still pretty new to me then. I'd only been online since about '93 -- and
with the slowest modem speed imaginable at that. There was not all that much to
do online yet (comparatively) and who would want to anyway when it took about
5 minutes for a single page to load. Those were the days . . . huh? Well, this community
quickly morphed from being just a distant conglomeration of similarly equipped and
like-minded, nerdy "muzik-doooods" to a community of pretty darn good friends.

I think that transition was was mostly helped by eventually meeting a few of you folks
face -to-face at Saturday NAMM lunch meetings and such. Plus, I went to Andre's
senior recital concert at Cal Arts, met him and there became reacquainted with Joe
Cavaleri (with whom I'd gone to some of the same schools from late Elementary to
High School though we were a year apart and not very acquainted then) talk about
a small world.

Then there was Hans Lindauer's Loopstock in San Luis Obispo, CA. Then Rick Walker's
Y2KX concert series beginning in 2002 or 2003 (sorry Rick, I forget) which has been
ongoing ever since. These sorts of things have really helped cement the relationships
made tentatively online. Some of these folks I now consider real amigos, best buds,
true friends.

Then there is nothing that solidifies relationships like loss . . . . Dr Z passing away this last
year was a real blow. I miss his sage and erudite presence all the more. He was a good
man. The group lost it's "looping historian" when he died -- and a fine, incisive mind.

Well . . . Happy 3rd of July and enjoy the 4th tomorrow too . . . when America celebrates
the anniversary of it's independence with an orgy of blowing things up. Heheheh.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn